Rugged Ridge 11235.01 Heavy-Duty Zinc D-Ring - 9500lb capacity
Product Description
Style: 9500 Pound
This heavy duty zinc coated cast steel construction D-ring comes with a 3/4-in pin. Each D-Ring is rated at 9,500Lbs, so its perfect fit for all your recovery needs, or for use with your Rugged Ridge bumper. Also known as bow shackles.
CUSTOMER REVIEW

I got a pair of the 9500 # shackles. They are silver (zinc coated) with a red pin. I didn't want the black because I thought it might be too hard to see. I would have got high viz yellow if they had them, but those are quite a bit more expensive from a different manufacturer. I'm sure these will be fine for the hopefully rare occasion I need them.
I've never owned shackles before so don't have anything to compare with; I bought these because they seemed to be the best value out there. Now that I have them in hand, I'm pleased with them.
The reason I'm writing this review is because there is a lot of confusion about shackle 'sizes'. The standard for 10,000 lb shackles seems to be 3/4" and that's the size mentioned in the description. I thought the 3/4" referred to the pin diameter, but it doesn't - it refers to the shackle diameter at the bow.
The pin diameter is 7/8". The distance between the 'flats' where the pin goes is 1-1/4". The inside dimension of the bow itself is about 1-7/8". I hope that's a help to anyone who needs to know these dimensions - too bad the manufacturer doesn't think to provide this info.
CUSTOMER REVIEW
I got a pair of the 9500 # shackles. They are silver (zinc coated) with a red pin. I didn't want the black because I thought it might be too hard to see. I would have got high viz yellow if they had them, but those are quite a bit more expensive from a different manufacturer. I'm sure these will be fine for the hopefully rare occasion I need them.
I've never owned shackles before so don't have anything to compare with; I bought these because they seemed to be the best value out there. Now that I have them in hand, I'm pleased with them.
The reason I'm writing this review is because there is a lot of confusion about shackle 'sizes'. The standard for 10,000 lb shackles seems to be 3/4" and that's the size mentioned in the description. I thought the 3/4" referred to the pin diameter, but it doesn't - it refers to the shackle diameter at the bow.
The pin diameter is 7/8". The distance between the 'flats' where the pin goes is 1-1/4". The inside dimension of the bow itself is about 1-7/8". I hope that's a help to anyone who needs to know these dimensions - too bad the manufacturer doesn't think to provide this info.