Motegi Racing SP10 MR2743 Hyper Black Wheel with Clear Coat Finish (17x7"/5x100mm)
Product Description
The Motegi Racing MR2747 SP10 wheel with its street inspired spokes and contrasting details make you look race ready. Tuner styling with its ten spoke design this wheel features a hyper black finish with a high gloss clear coat. One-piece painted aluminum with center cap and a one year finish and a lifetime structural warranty. Motegi Racing wheels are the only tuner wheels that are purpose-built for professional-level competition in drag racing, drifting and road racing. Our street wheels have the perfect blend of attitude, performance and style with the latest technology and finishes.
CUSTOMER REVIEW

This review applies to the Motegi SP10 in "hyper black" size 17x7.
When I opened the box I was very happy to see just how nice these rims really look. I agree with the other reviewers who say the pictures don't really do them justice. The finish is very deep and nice. 3 of the 4 wheels I ordered were absolutely flawless, the 4th has some minor paint blems. I can accept these flaws because they're small and once there's any dirt or dust on the rim I won't think about it again, but it's enough that I'm mentioning it, because another reviewer of the matte black version stated that the finish wasn't perfect on one of those too.
This wheel in this size weighs 17.4 lbs each, not 15.6.
I'm amazed at the lack of real specs on Amazon. I care about the real weight and dimension of many things I buy, and I make a choice which is influenced by those specs. It's discouraging to SO OFTEN find that the stated specs aren't accurate.
If you compare, even at 17.4 lbs these rims are still lightweight. The average weight of the other rims I've considered is about 22 lbs. (Again, STATED, so... who knows). Considering the appearance, I'm definitely happy. I'll have to see how they balance, and see what they look like on the car. For me it was almost a toss-up between this, black, or silver, but this finish definitely looks high-end. If you have the dark silver Soul then you'll be giddy with this color. I expect this rim to look good on almost any car.
This wheel requires SPLINE DRIVE lugs. There are a lot of options here on Amazon, and Amazon has the best price for McGard sets, which include wheel locks. I'm debating whether I want to go that route however, as I never considered spending a hundred bucks on lug nuts before. If you add the cost of locks alone, to the regular priced options... it's close to fifty, so... I guess what's another fifty. I like how the McGards have the free-spinning washer vs. spinning into the rim as you tighten each lug down.
You may not think about this as you shop, even though it should be obvious, but I think the rims which have ONLY 5 holes look nicer. I've seen Motegi rims online with only 5 holes, but I'm guessing all those mounting options is why we're able to get this nice of a rim for this price.
Here's some help if you have Kia Soul (check other years, but this is correct for 2012 Exclaim):
You'll need "hubcentric rings" that you can find here on Amazon and other outlets. I chose aluminum. Size is 72.6 to 67.1. (67.1 is the Soul bore size. This will make sure your wheels fit exactly with no play, so that the whole wheel is supported by the "shaft" and the lugs.)
If you are buying spare rims/tires to change over to winter AND you want to keep your Soul technically legal, you'll need to get some TPMS sensors too. There are aftermarket options, but I found new OEM versions elsewhere for around a hundred bucks (for 4). Those usually need to be programmed at a dealer, but we'll see. I'm going to have them installed with the tires, but I may ignore them until I have to program 'em (if ever). The thing is, I want to be sure they're in so if I have to deal with it I won't have to remove the tires in the future.
I sized down to 17 from 18 for snow tires. The tires are a lot cheaper and if you're changing all 4 tires/rims together then it's not important to keep the 18s on in the winter. If you choose a 215/55-17 size then it will be almost exactly the same size as the stock Hankook... so no difference in speedometer, etc.
So... that's all I have for now. I'll update once I get these mounted and put some miles on 'em.
CUSTOMER REVIEW
This review applies to the Motegi SP10 in "hyper black" size 17x7.
When I opened the box I was very happy to see just how nice these rims really look. I agree with the other reviewers who say the pictures don't really do them justice. The finish is very deep and nice. 3 of the 4 wheels I ordered were absolutely flawless, the 4th has some minor paint blems. I can accept these flaws because they're small and once there's any dirt or dust on the rim I won't think about it again, but it's enough that I'm mentioning it, because another reviewer of the matte black version stated that the finish wasn't perfect on one of those too.
This wheel in this size weighs 17.4 lbs each, not 15.6.
I'm amazed at the lack of real specs on Amazon. I care about the real weight and dimension of many things I buy, and I make a choice which is influenced by those specs. It's discouraging to SO OFTEN find that the stated specs aren't accurate.
If you compare, even at 17.4 lbs these rims are still lightweight. The average weight of the other rims I've considered is about 22 lbs. (Again, STATED, so... who knows). Considering the appearance, I'm definitely happy. I'll have to see how they balance, and see what they look like on the car. For me it was almost a toss-up between this, black, or silver, but this finish definitely looks high-end. If you have the dark silver Soul then you'll be giddy with this color. I expect this rim to look good on almost any car.
This wheel requires SPLINE DRIVE lugs. There are a lot of options here on Amazon, and Amazon has the best price for McGard sets, which include wheel locks. I'm debating whether I want to go that route however, as I never considered spending a hundred bucks on lug nuts before. If you add the cost of locks alone, to the regular priced options... it's close to fifty, so... I guess what's another fifty. I like how the McGards have the free-spinning washer vs. spinning into the rim as you tighten each lug down.
You may not think about this as you shop, even though it should be obvious, but I think the rims which have ONLY 5 holes look nicer. I've seen Motegi rims online with only 5 holes, but I'm guessing all those mounting options is why we're able to get this nice of a rim for this price.
Here's some help if you have Kia Soul (check other years, but this is correct for 2012 Exclaim):
You'll need "hubcentric rings" that you can find here on Amazon and other outlets. I chose aluminum. Size is 72.6 to 67.1. (67.1 is the Soul bore size. This will make sure your wheels fit exactly with no play, so that the whole wheel is supported by the "shaft" and the lugs.)
If you are buying spare rims/tires to change over to winter AND you want to keep your Soul technically legal, you'll need to get some TPMS sensors too. There are aftermarket options, but I found new OEM versions elsewhere for around a hundred bucks (for 4). Those usually need to be programmed at a dealer, but we'll see. I'm going to have them installed with the tires, but I may ignore them until I have to program 'em (if ever). The thing is, I want to be sure they're in so if I have to deal with it I won't have to remove the tires in the future.
I sized down to 17 from 18 for snow tires. The tires are a lot cheaper and if you're changing all 4 tires/rims together then it's not important to keep the 18s on in the winter. If you choose a 215/55-17 size then it will be almost exactly the same size as the stock Hankook... so no difference in speedometer, etc.
So... that's all I have for now. I'll update once I get these mounted and put some miles on 'em.