Rear Bumper Protector Fits 2009 - 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
CUSTOMER REVIEW
This will do the job. There is a maybe a 1 mm gap between the protector and the bumper, caused by the double-stick mounting. Weeks after mounting I directly sprayed it with a small pressure washer, and it did not peel off. I wish the ridges went the other way (parallel to vehicle travel direction), but there are advantages to them going this way.
I am pretty sure this is not designed for the Jetta, it is a generic thing made for many models of cars. The curve does not exactly match the curve of the bumper on a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen, but it is pretty close (see my photos) and I would have preferred that it "flow" up the edges of the bumper to protect the sides a bit. That WOULD have required it match exactly.
If you are really anal about stuff, you should probably buy the one directly from VW, but its going to cost you!
I've already gotten some car wax on it, and now have a white mark (of course some of that has happened elsewhere on the car with the OEM trim too.)
I'd buy it again.