Body Armor 4x4 5294 Black -Steel Swing Arm Tire Carrier
CUSTOMER REVIEW
Based on price and weight, I bought a slew of Body Armor hardware for my 07 Wrangler -- front bumper, skid plate, rear bumper, and swing arm for my tire. While the others are fine the swing arm is seriously flawed. (1) The latch design is cheap and after installing it I had zero confidence that it would hold 150 pounds of weight while driving 70 mph on the freeway or climbing up steep rocky trails. (2) Also, there is no lock to the swing arm when open so if you're parking on a mountain with a bit of camber you will have 150 pounds of steel and tire on your back while you have your tailgate open. (3) Lastly, the instructions were absolutely worthless across the board.
I called them and the Body Armor staff was clueless. I would've sent the entire order back but I'd already installed everything else over several days. So I took my rig to a local custom shop and had them make some modifications to fix the flaws to the swing arm -- a trailer hitch lock and a vastly improved gate latch with a safety pin. Cost me $250 out of my pocket.
I offered to share my contributions with Body Armor and the dude there didn't even bother returning my call. Arrogant or just trying to avoid the truth.
My recommendation: don't buy this product