Motegi Racing SP10 MR2743 Hyper Black Wheel with Clear Coat Finish (17x7"/4x100mm)
CUSTOMER REVIEW
I cannot speak highly enough about these Motegi Racing 17" SP10 wheels in Hyper Black. I ordered the wheels from Tirerack.com with Continental ProContact tires mounted and balanced, and the wheels arrived in less than 5 business days. Had the wheels (and TPMS sensors from my existing stock wheels) installed at an installer in my vicinity and, whallah, my 2010 Winter Gray Prius was literally transformed! See photos I've uploaded.
I love the hyper black color of this wheel, which is not black, not silver, but more of a gunmetal color. Looks really, really nice in the sun, in the shade, at night, etc. I'm glad I decided to dress my Prius up a bit as there are quite a few of these cars in my town and now I've got something uniquely mine.
As for the Continental ProContact tires, the grip, cornering and stopping performance in dry and wet conditions is light years above the stock 15" wheels with the high mileage Goodyear Assurance tires that came standard on the Prius. I have not noticed any appreciable drop off in mileage either (I drive using hypermiling techniques), and if there was some drop off in mileage, it would be a worthy trade off for the enhanced safety that I now feel I have in terms of the enhanced performance.